iacc is situated in Songjiang, Shanghai in a 2000m2 facility housed in DTMA’s new CCIC building on the campus of The Shanghai Institute of Visual Arts. The professional-level production studios are connected by a complete digital data pipeline and communications infrastructure that supports the complete production process from story development to editing and finishing.
In addition to three major professional production studios with a 140 person capacity, the facilities include a reference studio, a motion capture studio, green screen area, video editing, sound recording and editing studio, a stop-motion studio and café area facilities. Every studio is equipped with an HP, dual monitor workstation for each student in the program.
Exact studio specifications:
– Body and Facial Motion Capture System
– AVID Video Editorial System
– AVID Audio Recording System
– Render Farm (support 30 minutes per week to 2K video render)
– High Performance Render Farm system consists of HP Blade Center
– High Performance HDS Storage System
– Maximum 6.8GB per second data transfer
– 10Gb/s High Speed Backbone Network
– High-end HP Z620 Graphic Workstation for all students
– 1000 trillion connections for students computers using
– In addition to general 2D, 3D, video editing software, we also have NUKE, Harmony, Houdini, Storyboard, Renderman etc.
– Pre – production room
– Post – Production room
– Life Drawing area
– 3D production room
– Stop motion animation studio
– Audio Recording room
– Video editing room
– Motion capture room
– Data centre