About Robin King
Robin King has over forty years of publication, applied research and appplied creative process. After starting his career path in physics research and moving to the arts, he spent a decade of participation and leadership at the Creative Problem Solving Institute at the State University of New York in Buffalo.
His gradate research resulted in a new model of creative process that was presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science Conference in Toronto in 1980. King’s unique and holistic approach to creative dynamics became the basis for the development and subsequent success of the Computer Animation Program at Sheridan Collage as well as many international consulting, training, government and corporate projects.
Prof. King extensive knowledge of applied creative behavior and innovative techniques has been used to train undergraduate and graduate students, teachers, trainers, senior production staff and executives in short-term workshops and courses. His knowledge and skills in creative process have also have also been applied to the development of a major art center, several award winning educational facilities, training institutes, academic programs, and professional training programs for companies like Autodesk.
The workshop will cover a wide range of individual and group practices with applications in learning, professional production, supervision and management.
- Models of creative process
- Benefits of enhanced creative problem solving
- The creative learning environment.
- Systematic techniques for developing creative thinking
- Overcoming blocks to creativity.
- Abilities and attitudes of creative people.
- The key skills of divergent and convergent thinking.
- Individual and group ideation techniques.
- Visual creativity – mind maps and concept maps
- Creativity and collaboration.
- Building skills in observation, memory and imagination.
- 2-day public master class
- Location: iacc Studio (3rd Floor, DeTao Masters Academy, Shanghai Institute of Visual Art, 2200 Wenxiang Road, Songjiang, Shanghai 201620)
- Language: English teaching, Chinese translation