Storytelling and Digital Media
“I aim to be a mind-shifter that guides others towards transformation”
As Founding Director of industry powerhouse CFC Media Lab, a world-renowned new media research, training and production think-tank environment, Ana Serrano is a leading figure in the digital media industry.
A constant innovator, Serrano produced Canada’s first user-generated personal storytelling project – the Great Canadian Story Engine. She is also the executive producer and architect of Late Fragment – the first interactive dramatic feature film in North America. She has won three Canadian New Media Awards and was selected to represent Canada as an expert panel member for the 2003, 2005 and 2007 World Summit Awards. She frequently speaks at new media and film festivals worldwide about the future of storytelling and entertainment.
Honors and Awards
- Canadian New Media Awards
- Member, X Media Lab
- Course Director, York University
- Associate, Alliance for Converging Technologies (renamed Digital 4sight)
- Advisor, MaRS Discovery District
- Founding Director, CFC Media Lab
- 2000 the Great Canadian Story Engine, Producer
- 2010 What is Your Essential Cinema
- 2007 Late Fragment, Producer