Art Education and Management
“As artists we look at the world differently. We find joy, we find beauty in areas that other people may not find.”
Jack Lew has performed key roles for two of the world’s leading entertainment companies, Disney Animation and Electronic Arts (EA). At EA, he was responsible for developing relationships with art schools and strategies for identifying top global art talent. Additionally, he spent 6 years at Disney, where he was Senior Manager of Artist and Professional Development.
In his work with colleges throughout the US and Canada, he has developed collaborative educational programs. He is currently the Vice President and Dean of Visual Communication at Laguna College of Art and Design. Prior to entering the entertainment industry, Jack was a Professor of Art and Department, Head at the Kansas City Art Institute and a Professor at the Memphis College of Art. In 2011, he was appointed to serve on the Advisory Board of the International Digital Media and Arts Association.
- Detao Education Master of Emerging Media and Arts
- Vice President and Dean of Visual Communication, Laguna College of Art and Design
- August. 2010 – Present: Laguana College of Art and Design,VP and Dean of Visual Communication
- 2009-2010 University of Central Florida
- Oct. 2009 – July 2010 Interim Director, School of Visual Arts and Design
- Feb. 2009 – July 2010 Director of Collaborations, Center for Emerging Media
- Aug. 2009 – Oct. 2009 Interim Chair, Art Department
- 2004 – 2008 Electronic Arts, Orlando, FL
- Manager, Global Art Talent Resources
- Designed sourcing strategies and development of art talent pipeline for global EA studios.
- University Relations Manager
- Established college relations and collaborative initiatives with North American art colleges.
- 1998 – 2004 Walt Disney Feature Animation, Orlando, FL
- Sr. Manager, Artist and Professional Development
- Developed and implemented educational and training programs for all artistic staff.
- 1981 – 1997 Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, MO
- Chair of Design Department
- Supervised 3 programs including Illustration, Graphic Design and Industrial Design.
- Tenured Professor of Illustration
- Initiated Illustration major and guided program to become the largest in the college.
- 1973 – 1981 Memphis College of Art, Memphis, TN
- Head of Illustration Program
- Developed Illustration Major
- Tenured Associate Professor of Illustration
- M.F.A. Illustration – Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- B.F. A. Illustration / Top Graduate – Cleveland Institute of Institute, Cleveland, OH
- Executive Management Certificate – Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
- Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts – Memphis College of Art, Memphis, TN
- Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts – Laguna College of Art and Design, Laguna Beach, CA